Please take the time to carefully read through the following information and contact us if anything is unclear or requires clarification. If you book an appointment with ASK4ALICE you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and you are also agreeing to attend your appointment on the day and time you have booked. If you are unable to attend your appointment you agree to let us know at the earliest possible time by phone or email.
You can make an appointment with ASK4ALICE in a number of different ways:
1. By clicking on the “Book Appointment” button on our home page.
2. By telephoning – click “Contact” from the menu for details. Please note that if the Therapist is in consultation the call will not be answered. If this happens please leave a message including your name and telephone number and the Therapist will call you back as soon as possible.
3. By email – click “Contact” from the Menu for our email address.
CANCELLATIONS, LATE ARRIVALS & FAILURE TO ATTEND
Our goal is to provide treatments at the specified time. Late cancellations, late arrivals and failure to attend your appointment have consequences that affect the Therapist and others so please be considerate and if you can’t attend your appointment for any reason aim to let us know at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. We understand that emergencies crop up and things beyond our control but we request that you do your utmost to advise us by phone or email.
1. CANCELLATIONS – please let us know promptly, preferably no later than 24 hours before your appointment if you need to cancel or reschedule. You can do this by phone or email (see above). If you don’t do this you deny another client the opportunity to be seen by us, which also means that we lose income! Except in exceptional circumstances failure to provide 24 hours notice will result in the full cost of the treatment being charged.
2. LATE ARRIVALS – if you are late arriving we will treat you for the remaining time only and you will be charged the full cost of the treatment. We cannot overrun as this will affect the following bookings. Please allow plenty of time to get to us and park.
3. FAILURE TO ATTEND – this refers to a client who does not attend their appointment at the allotted time, does not arrive late and who has not contacted us to advise that something has arisen and they can’t attend their appointment. Such action denies someone else the opportunity to receive a treatment and means we lose income. Under these circumstances, unless they are exceptional, we reserve the right to charge the full cost of the treatment.
CONFIDENTIALITY & DATA PROTECTION
We treat all client information, treatment records and discussions as strictly confidential and will not disclose this information to any 3rd party without your prior permission unless we are required to do so by law. The only exception to this would be if we are treating any child under the age of 18 (see below). Additionally, we use a 3rd party to provide our online booking system. Any data collected is done so securely, solely for the purposes of making an appointment and the data is not shared with any other 3rd party. All client information that we collect is securely stored and unlawful access by 3rd parties is protected so far as we are able to do so. We will retain such data for a reasonable length of time or for a period specified by law. Unused/old records will be disposed of securely.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Alice is fully qualified for all the treatments she offers and appropriately insured through her membership of The Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT). She also holds a current First Aid Certificate and a current DBS Certificate.
The nature of massage and the other treatments she offers involve close contact. In order to ensure that this is as safe as possible, especially under the current Pandemic conditions, she adheres to appropriate guidance and maintains high standards of personal hygiene at all times. She has received all 3 Covid vaccinations and will wear a mask at all times. The room will be ventilated, she will sanitise equipment between clients, and clean towels will be provided for each client along with fresh paper roll. She will regularly undertake a Lateral Flow Test and if that should be positive she will postpone appointments until she has recovered, in accordance with Government Guidance.
All clients are asked to ensure that they too maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, bring and wear their own mask at all times except when instructed otherwise during certain aspects of the treatment. If clients are able to do a Lateral Flow Test prior to attending their appointment that would be very much appreciated. If you are unwell, including suffering from a cold, flu, stomach upset or any other infectious illness; test positive for Covid or if you or anyone in your household is self-isolating or has had a persistent cough, high temperature or loss of taste or sense of smell in the last two weeks, please DO NOT attend your appointment – instead please contact us to arrange another appointment as soon as possible. However, please note that our Cancellation Policy may still apply.
Clients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by their parent or guardian/carer who must give their permission for the agreed treatment plan to be provided. In addition to this they will be requested to counter sign the Client Consultation Form. The parent or guardian or carer must remain in the room at all times until the treatment is completed.
ASK4ALICE will not liable for the loss or damage to any client personal possessions whilst they are on the premises.
ASK4ALICE has the right to refuse any treatment if a client is verbally or physically abusive or displays inappropriate, aggressive or sexual behaviour towards the therapist. Any such behaviour may result in the client being asked to leave the premises immediately and/or a partial or total ban from any future treatments. ASKFORALICE will initiate criminal proceedings if appropriate.
ASK4ALICE provides a range of treatments for which the Therapist holds appropriate qualifications. It must be stressed that none of the treatments are a substitute for appropriate medical advice. If in the course of a treatment the Therapist finds something that concerns them they will always tell the client and advise that they seek prompt medical advice. The Therapist will not diagnose or prescribe any treatment where this lies outside their training and they believe this should come from a suitable medically qualified person.
Clients are expected to accurately disclose any relevant personal and medical information when attending their first session, or before, and if appropriate to seek medical advice before undergoing a treatment from ASK4ALICE. The client is also expected to update this information regularly if anything should change. This is not limited to any diagnosed medical conditions, symptoms, treatments, investigations, prescriptions etc – if in doubt it is best to discuss any issues or concerns with the Therapist who can then make an informed judgement about anything relevant to the treatment they are offering.
ASK4ALICE may refuse to treat any client or part of their body if there is reasonable cause to believe that this would be unadvisable. In addition ASK4ALICE reserves the right to terminate any treatment at any time if the Therapist believes that it is unsafe or not in the client’s best interests to continue. Equally, the client has the right to refuse, change or end treatment at any time, regardless of any prior consent they have given.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.